Saturday, March 23, 2013

Sister Wrubell

Well it's been a while, but it's official: I'm soon-to-be Sister Wrubell!  On July 10th, 2013 I will enter the Provo MTC and two weeks later leave to serve in the Nebraska Omaha mission as a full-time missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  I have never in my life been so happy and peaceful and grateful about anything.  Ever.



















I opened my call on a Friday - even after it arrived at my house on a Wednesday.  My dad was out of town ... it's a good thing I love him so much.  I opened it with just my family.  It was one of the most special moments of my life.  I'm so grateful all five of them were there with me.  Later that night most of my friends came over and we had a mini-shindig.  I'm so grateful for all of the people who are supporting me in this decision.

I have done conducted heavy duty research on Nebraska since a month ago when I found out where I will be serving the Lord.  It is officially the most amazing state ever.  Come on - Kool Aid was invented there.  Warren Buffett lives in Omaha - Mr. Buffett, prepare to be converted!  It holds the world's largest porch swing - this place is just perfect.  It doesn't get much better than that.

But most of all, I am just beyond excited to go there and serve Heavenly Father's children.  I know it will be the hardest thing I have ever done.  But I also have no doubt that it will be the most amazing and rewarding 18 months of my life.  I can't wait to find people and teach them and love them.  I can't wait to come so much closer to my Lord and Savior.  I can't wait to become someone Heavenly Father will be proud of.  I can't wait to give myself over completely to Him and be an instrument in His hands.  I can't wait to be Sister Wrubell.

No comments:

Post a Comment